• To make this place safe and authentic we allow only registered members to participate. Advertising and link posting is not allowed, For Advertising contact admin.

List of Resources

HafizK

1) STORIES IN AHADITH: You will find many stories of the companions in ahadith. My favorite site for ahadith is sunnah.com – so user friendly and it has all the categorization of hassan, Sahih and da’if ahadith etc.
2) STORIES IN TAFSIR: You will find many stories in Tafsir ibn Kathir too (one of the most famous explanations of the Quran). Check qtafsir.com for that.
3) STORIES IN BOOKS: From books, check “Men around the Messenger” by Khaalid Muhammad Khaalid. Or “Companions of the Prophet” by Abdul Wahid Hamid. Although the book “Children Around the Prophet” by Hesham Al-Awadi is about how Muhammad ﷺ raised the young companions, but it will give you an insight on the childhood of some of the sahaba. There are some FREE E-BOOKS on the topic at allahsworld website too.
4) AUDIO STORIES (podcast): You will find many sahaba stories in Muslim Heroes podcast on alhudapk.com (they are in Urdu language though). There are more sahaba stories in “Sahaba Profile” by Sulaimaan Ravat as well. You may also listen to “Companions of the Prophet Muhammad” by Shady Alsuleiman.
5) STORIES FOR KIDS: Although there are many resources where sahaba stories have been animated, but I personally don’t feel comfortable showing those stories to my kids – especially when a companion is illustrated (even if the illustration is just a blob of light). But I absolutely LOVE Miraj Stories/Audio (especially the story of Salman Farsi in it). I wrote a detailed post HERE.