1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggest me Joining for Mechanical Engineering

Discussion in 'College Students' started by Hasna, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Hasna

Hasna New Member

Hi everyone,

My dad has got transferred to Dubai and we will be moving there by the month of January.

I am planning to join for Mechanical Engineering at the University of Wollongong in Dubai. Some of my relatives are not supporting me to choose Mechanical stream as I am a girl, but I don't think that would be a problem for me.

Please share your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Hasna ,

They are right in a sense that mechanical engineering is very tough when you start working professionally. It is male dominated field. Normally in Pakistan a mechanical engineer have to do Welding related things and machines maintenance, Because we do not have manufacturing and design plants here. Here Mechanical engineers are hired for maintenance and looking after the machines.

In most of the countries mechanical engineers can

• Analyze problems to see how mechanical and thermal devices might help solve the problem.
    • Design or redesign mechanical and thermal devices using analysis and computer-aided design.
    • Develop and test prototypes of devices they design.
    • Analyze the test results and change the design as needed
    • Oversee the manufacturing process for the device.
    These are interesting things where women can work easily as compared to machine maintenance etc. I would recommend you to read Job description fully before you join this field and check out how mechanical engineers work there.

I am Computer engineer and to be frank i would not recommend you to join Mechanical engineering unless you have great passion for machines and can bear the extreme situations that Mechanical engineering can put you in at the field.

Best of luck with everything :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)