• To make this place safe and authentic we allow only registered members to participate. Advertising and link posting is not allowed, For Advertising contact admin.

Question about equivalence as an overseas pakistani

Mohab Ahmed

Assalamualaikum, I'm an overseas pakistani trying to apply to university in pakistan.

I took 7 subjects in my O levels exams, so how will my equivalence be calculated?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
  • A) GCE ‘O’ Level, GCSE, IGCSE and Equivalent:
  • GCE ‘O’ Level is considered equivalent to Secondary School Certificate (SSC) subject to meeting the requirement of Scheme of Studies as under:
  • i) Pakistan Based Examinations: Eight subjects including Compulsory English, Mathematics, Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and three electives.
  • ii) Overseas Based Examinations: Five subjects including English, Mathematics and three electives.
  • To qualify for Science Group it is necessary to pass Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/Computer Science. Rest will be placed in General/Arts/Humanities Group.
  • B) GCE ‘A’ Level and Equivalent:
  • GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level are considered equivalent to Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC/Intermediate) subject to meeting the specified requirement for various stream/groups as under:
  • i) Pre-Medical Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and three ‘A’ levels (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum E Grade.
  • ii) Pre-Engineering Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics,Biology/Computer Studies) and three ‘A’ level subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) with minimum E Grade.
  • iii) General Science Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects with three ‘A’ level subjects
  • iv) Humanities Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects including English and Mathematics with three ‘A’ level subjects.
  • a- All Pakistani nationals appearing for examinations from Pakistan shall have to pass Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and Mathematics along with other required subjects to qualify for equivalence.
  • i. If a Pakistani/dual national candidate studies and appears for examination from abroad, Urdu, Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies will not be considered compulsory requirements.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Mohab Ahmed

Normally Equivalence of o levels is done using above mentioned criteria, and 10% marks are deducted, means if you get 83 percent in o levels, your equivalent score would be 73 percent

Mohab Ahmed

Hello @Mohab Ahmed

Normally Equivalence of o levels is done using above mentioned criteria, and 10% marks are deducted, means if you get 83 percent in o levels, your equivalent score would be 73 percent

Thank you, can you give me an example? That would help a lot.

Thanks again in advance.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
@Mohab Ahmed What kind of Example do you need? Its simple and straight forward thing, They calculate your O level marks and then deduct 10% to give you equivalent certificate